On 10th February 2021 at 9AM at Avon and Somerset Police Headquarters, Valley Road,
Portishead, BS20 8QJ a Misconduct Hearing under the provisions of the Police
(Conduct) Regulations 2020 will take place in relation to Police Constable A. This
Hearing will be heard virtually using Microsoft Teams.
It is alleged PC A has breached the Standards of Professional Behaviour for police
officers, specifically the standards of:
1) Authority, Respect and Courtesy;
3) Honest and Integrity;
4) Duties and Responsibilities; and
5) Fitness for work.
It is evidenced that PC A:
1) Entered into a relationship with a young woman after coming into contact with her
through the course of his duties and purposely avoided disclosing the relationship
to his supervisors, knowing that the relationship was inappropriate.
2) Disclosed information relating to a police incident other than in the proper course
of his duties and to an unauthorised recipient.
3) Failed to act openly and honestly when requesting leave and falsely claimed to be
4) Sought to acquire illegal drugs other than in the line of duty.
If proven, the allegations would amount to gross misconduct.
Avon & Somerset Constabulary
- Stats since 1st January 2022
14 Misconduct Hearings
86% held in public