PC Benjamin Kemp, based at Noth East command Unit, will answer allegations that his conduct amounted to breaches of the Standards of Professional Behaviour in respect of:
- Use of Force
- Authority Respect and Courtesy
It is alleged that:
- On 8 May 2019, PC Kemp was on duty when he was flagged down by two members of the public.
- It is alleged that PC Kemp used force against one of the members of public that was neither reasonable or proportionate.
- It is alleged that PC Kemp did not treat the member of public with appropriate respect of courtesy.
It is alleged that in doing so PC Kemp has breached the Standards of Professional Behaviour in respect of use of Force and Authority, Respect and Courtesy.
The hearing will start on Wednesday 28 April 2021 and is listed for three days.
It will be held from 9.30am in the Hearing Suite at Empress State Building, Lillie Road, SW6 1TR.
Metropolitan Police Service
- Stats since 1st January 2022
248 Misconduct Hearings
88% held in public
The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS / "the Met") is the territorial police force responsible for law enforcement in Greater London, excluding the square mile of the City of London which is the responsibility of the City of London Police.