West Mercia Police
This hearing has taken place. ShowHide expired details.
10:00am View on calendar
West Mercia Police Headquarters, Hindlip, Worcester
The hearing is to be held in public.
Constable (PC) 21175 Andrew Hope of West Mercia Police View officer
Standards of professional behavior that have allegedly been breached
- Honesty and integrity
- Authority, respect and courtesy
- Duties and responsibilities
Circumstances of Alleged Breaches
It is alleged that between 15 and 18 September 2019, PC HOPE:
- Engaged in inappropriate and unprofessional communication with “Female B,” a woman he met through the course of his duties using his force issue mobile phone, and
- Attempted to conceal his inappropriate communication with her by moving the contact onto social media, and
- Failed to notify the Head of Professional Standards of the nature of his contact with “Miss B,” contrary to West Mercia Force policy, and
- Obtained a witness statement from “Female B,” when he knew, or ought to have known that this was not appropriate considering the manner in which he had previously engaged with her and by doing so could have compromised a live criminal investigation.
It is alleged that between the 21 and 22 February 2021, PC HOPE:
- Engaged in inappropriate and unprofessional communication with “Female A,” a woman he met through the course of his duties using his force issue mobile phone, and
- Failed to notify the Head of Professional Standards of the nature of his contact with “Miss A,” contrary to West Mercia Force policy.
- It is alleged that on or about the 23 December 2019, PC HOPE made inappropriate use of his force issue mobile phone to download and store a sexually explicit image of a female for a non-policing purpose.
West Mercia Police
- Stats since 1st January 2022
6 Misconduct Hearings
67% held in public
West Mercia Police covers Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.