This hearing has taken place. ShowHide expired details.
11:30am View on calendar
Cambridgeshire Constabulary HQ, Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, PE29 6NP
It is not currently known whether the hearing is to be held in private or public.
Constable (PC) PC166 Thomas Andrews of Cambridgeshire Constabulary View officer
Standards of professional behavior that have allegedly been breached
- Honesty and integrity
Circumstances of Alleged Breaches
- PC 166 Thomas Andrews (‘the Officer’) joined Cambridgeshire Constabulary on 5th September 2016.
- On 17 February 2022, the Officer was made subject to police bail. The bail was subject to two conditions:
- Not to attend any location you know or ought to know [A] is attending, except on one occasion to attend [address] with police to obtain property.
- Not to contact or interfere with, either directly or indirectly, any prosecution witness(es) namely [A] except by an agreed third party of social services to facilitate child contact.
The Officer was bailed until 11 March 2022.
- In essence police bail is equivalent to a lawful order and the Officer should have understood them in that way. Any individual that breaches police bail is liable to arrest.
- On 1 March 2022 the Officer breached both conditions as he attended at the address and made contact with A. The Officer alleged that he had done so at A’s request in order to deliver items to them. This admission was recorded in the notes of the conference that the Officer had attended.
- On 5 March 2022 the Officer breached both conditions. He attended the address and made contact with A. Police officers attended the address. A lied to them about the Officer’s presence. The Officer attempted to hide but was discovered. He was escorted from the address to his car, he had parked his car away from the address. This incident was recorded on Body Worn Video.
- On 8 March 2022 the bail was extended until 13:00 on 16 March 2022.
- At 00:57 on 16 March 2022, as a result of a phone call from members of the public, police officers attended the address. The Officer and A were both there. The Officer was arrested at the address in the presence of A. This incident was recorded on Body Worn Video.
- Stats since 1st January 2022
5 Misconduct Hearings
80% held in public
Cambridgeshire Constabulary is the territorial police force responsible for law enforcement within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in the United Kingdom.