This hearing has taken place. ShowHide expired details.
10:00am View on calendar
Northamptonshire Police HQ
The hearing is to be held in public.
Constable (PC) Gareth Cox of Northamptonshire Police
Standards of professional behavior that have allegedly been breached
- Honesty and integrity
- Authority, respect and courtesy
- Orders and instructions
- Duties and responsibilities
Circumstances of Alleged Breaches
1. Between September 24, 2019 and June 8, 2021, he disclosed confidential information to a person not associated with policing, otherwise than in accordance with a policing purpose, as follows:
a. On September 24, 2019 he disclosed an Adolescent Risk Management Report which contained personal and sensitive data.
b. On May 12, 2020, he disclosed information regarding the sudden death of a child.
c. On August 11, 2020 he disclosed two images of a Niche record, containing personal and sensitive data.
d. On February 16, 2021 he disclosed a photograph taken of a police data system, containing personal and sensitive data relating to an individual who was in police custody at the time.
e. Between February 18 and19, 2021 he disclosed personal and sensitive data relating to persons contained within the Local Policing Area briefing sheet.
f. On 8 June 2021 he disclosed an image of the Daily Risk Review, a document which contained information relating to a criminal offence.
2. Between August 30, 2018 and March 22, 2021 he failed to act with integrity and neglected his duties in the conduct of a personal relationship with Female 1, as follows:
a. Without authorisation he met Female 1 on at least 19 occasions, whilst on duty.
b. He contacted Female 1 on numerous occasions whilst on duty.
c. On at least two occasions, he engaged in sexual activity with Female 1 at his place of work.
3. Between May 1, 2019 and March 22, 2021 he failed to act with integrity and neglected his duties in the conduct of his personal relationship with Female 2, as follows:
a. Without authorisation he met Female 2 on at least 8 occasions, whilst on duty.
b. Without authorisation, both on and off duty, he used a police vehicle to travel out of the Force area to meet Female 2.
c. He used his police-issued mobile phone to contact Female 2, whilst on duty.
4. He failed to act with honesty and integrity by creating entries in his diary with the intention of misleading colleagues and/or his supervisor that he was carrying out his duties when in fact, he was meeting Female 2:
a. He created a diary entry that he had a meeting with Inspector on November 27, 2019, an entry which he knew was misleading as he was meeting Female 2 on this occasion.
b. He created diary entries covering the period from 9am until 10.30am on October 30, 2020 which gave the impression he was engaged in legitimate policing duties, which he knew were misleading, as he was meeting Female 2.
c. He created diary entries that he was involved in home visits covering the period from 8am until midday on January 20, 2021 which he knew were misleading, as he was meeting Female 2.
d. He created a diary entry that he was at premises connected to his duties on March 11, 2021 which he knew were misleading, as he was meeting Female 2.
- Stats since 1st January 2022
14 Misconduct Hearings
86% held in public