We collect and objectively publish extensive data on police misconduct, and the police misconduct disciplinary system.
Our datasets provide a wealth of information on police misconduct; misconduct hearings and outcomes; and police officers involved in criminality across all 43 police forces in England and Wales.
Some examples of the datasets we can provide are as follows:
- Misconduct hearings: Types of hearing, alleged breaches, elements of breaches, whether they are held in public or private, how many days are set out for each
- Misconduct outcomes: sanctions, pending outcomes
- Officers: Hearings by rank, gender, officers facing criminal hearings
- Transparency of forces with regard to whether hearings were held in public or private, whether or not the officers’ names and ranks were published, and other points of data.
- Elements of the events that led to a misconduct or criminal hearing, such as whether or not the offence was sexual or violent in nature
With our in-depth data collection, which can be cross-referenced, we can help you gain valuable insights and comparisons, and an understanding of trends and patterns in police misconduct.